Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 04:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 05:20 UTC
A 313W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1595W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2978W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 15:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1073W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 17:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 869W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 20:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2600W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 21:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1102W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3381W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1765W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3297W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 16:10 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1274W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 650W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 22:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2959W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2783W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 01:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 03:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 04:00 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 05:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 07:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1451W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 07:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2707W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1980W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2799W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 15:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1408W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 16:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 18:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 934W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 23:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1275W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2697W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 05:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 05:00 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1235W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1577W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 188W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 16:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 17:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 19:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 05:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1588W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 08:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 2107W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3091W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 234W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2174W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 181W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 18:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2752W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 03:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed