Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 04:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 353W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 274W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 09:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2669W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 12:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 12:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 13:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 15:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 375W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed