欢迎来到未来

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Second-hand market sanity check

golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 20:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 892W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 01:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed