← Forum ·
General
Forum feature wishes — keep them coming
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1090W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 01:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 03:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 554W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1042W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 13:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1064W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1887W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 15:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 364W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 16:30 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?