Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · General

New members: introduce yourselves

atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3284W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2746W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 04:40 UTC
A 1498W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2656W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1687W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2183W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 2048W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my M60 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 18:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 21:40 UTC
A 85W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 01:50 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 02:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 02:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 909W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 589W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 07:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1909W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 10:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3201W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1535W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 16:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 845W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2985W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1136W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3049W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 22:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my KS3 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 00:10 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 01:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2765W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 946W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2658W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed