Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 366W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1177W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1009W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2849W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1178W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2696W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 236W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2521W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 904W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 10:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 42W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 16:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 16:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 710W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 19:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3246W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 290W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
A 3295W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 00:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed