← Forum ·
Cryptoverse Lounge
Best thing you built or fixed this month
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2792W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2537W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 12:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 13:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 14:00 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2801W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 610W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1990W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1867W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. a 2514W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 361W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 00:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 02:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 299W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 07:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 08:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1164W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2652W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2635W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2937W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
A 2451W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2075W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 16:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3164W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1982W nobody budgets for.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 03:20 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 04:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 05:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 06:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2508W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 10:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1635W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 16:40 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1179W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 20:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 21:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2433W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 08:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1369W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3062W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 16:00 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 16:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 17:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 298W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. a 2664W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 00:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 03:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 882W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1466W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 05:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 708W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 10:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2249W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1256W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2689W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2295W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 947W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 19:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1487W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 743W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1462W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3352W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.