미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 04:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. a 144W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2540W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2152W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 228W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3302W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 18:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 19:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 20:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1591W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2732W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed