Welcome to the Future

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 03:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1432W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2115W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3108W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 10:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 11:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 14:00 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 16:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2964W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3371W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 757W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 927W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 1834W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 01:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed