未来へようこそ

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Pool support quality across the alts

noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 584W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 10:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2971W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed