欢迎来到未来

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 00:10 UTC
A 818W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3213W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 01:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 580W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 987W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 06:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 08:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 108W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 09:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1310W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1685W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3254W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 673W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 13:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1042W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1942W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 17:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
A 1260W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1619W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1966W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2065W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 847W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 03:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my L7 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 837W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 108W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. a 2868W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2550W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 00:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed