欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1243W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 03:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3094W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 05:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1641W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 08:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2943W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 10:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2902W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1601W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 724W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1831W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 20:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 21:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 00:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3260W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2477W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 14:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 17:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 310W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1911W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2107W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 21:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2395W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
A 2365W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 02:30 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2106W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2222W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 11:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3360W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 17:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 17:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3328W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my L7 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2179W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1286W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 03:50 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 275W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 04:30 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
A 875W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
A 318W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 14:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 16:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 19:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 157W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3208W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed