Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Second-hand market sanity check

golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 01:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 02:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 07:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 08:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 12:10 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 1003W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 15:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 755W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1298W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1495W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 18:40 UTC
A 2714W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 557W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 20:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 675W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 2113W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 22:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 01:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1857W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 612W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1507W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 15:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 130W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2344W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1676W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 09:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 09:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1480W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 15:00 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 17:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3113W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 22:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2791W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
A 766W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 00:00 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3168W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 08:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1005W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 09:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2949W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1329W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 14:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1839W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1399W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 593W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 55W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 22:30 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1544W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed