Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3177W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 04:00 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 14:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 14:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2772W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 914W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 784W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2141W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 23:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 23:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed