Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 1637W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 508W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 04:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 904W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 06:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 1536W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 17:10 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 271W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 18:40 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 20:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 21:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2858W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 01:10 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed