← Forum ·
Hashrate & Rig Rental
Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1956W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2603W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 06:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 60W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 16:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 16:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1665W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 19:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 21:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1028W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.