Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Pool support quality across the alts

atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1055W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 08:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 09:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2493W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1233W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 15:30 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
A 1765W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2621W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1857W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 22:10 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed