Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 350W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1549W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2804W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 06:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
A 236W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3092W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. a 265W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2831W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 901W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1471W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 16:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 17:30 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 18:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3170W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 20:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed