欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 04:40 UTC
A 508W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 05:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 08:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1753W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 420W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2547W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 19:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 21:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 187W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1715W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed