Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2000W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 08:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 08:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 08:40 UTC
A 3239W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 887W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 59W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/10/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my S19 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 921W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/10/26 16:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3202W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 17:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 17:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 18:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 18:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 20:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2341W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my KS3 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 2362W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3381W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2944W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 06:00 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 181W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
A 386W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1497W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1749W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 16:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 20:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2695W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2406W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3131W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed