← Forum ·
General
Forum feature wishes — keep them coming
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. a 2189W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
A 1589W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 10:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 125W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 11:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
A 1562W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 17:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1871W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3184W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 19:00 UTC
A 2535W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 906W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 76W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1306W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3223W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 22:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2250W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.