未来へようこそ

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2441W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 01:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2693W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1229W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1579W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3172W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 07:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 1829W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2021W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 16:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1655W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 17:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 17:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 133W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1299W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed