Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?

night-block-742 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2580W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 11:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3381W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. a 1766W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 14:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 390W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1218W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1567W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 22:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 306W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 03:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2834W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 06:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 180W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 09:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 3146W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2525W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed