미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2341W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1460W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2043W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3234W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 12:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 14:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. a 2339W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 64W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2531W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed