未来へようこそ

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

night-node-496 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2530W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1581W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3379W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 131W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2626W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1494W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 07:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2475W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2526W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2772W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3045W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2210W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my old S9 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 22:50 UTC
A 1503W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2052W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3057W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1180W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2498W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
A 100W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 15:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 15:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 03:40 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 05:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 08:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 12:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 233W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. a 1905W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3350W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1775W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1863W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
A 1789W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2611W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 01:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3181W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 472W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3047W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1578W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 262W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1035W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
A 3159W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. a 2566W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 814W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed