Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Bear-market bench projects check-in

lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 04:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 04:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 42W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 13:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1393W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 884W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 17:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 18:00 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 210W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
A 2575W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 21:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1068W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 02:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 02:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 238W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
A 464W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1389W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3383W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. my L7 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 09:30 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2076W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 12:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 239W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1308W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 852W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1968W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 03:20 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 836W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 16:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 452W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1307W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 846W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1884W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3392W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 18:10 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2517W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 21:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 224W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1711W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed