Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Seed storage upgrades — what did you actually do?

zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my old S9 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 10:40 UTC
A 1974W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 12:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 12:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
A 3360W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed