미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 415W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 08:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 09:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 134W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 10:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 02/10/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 12:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 13:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2518W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2964W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/10/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 15:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 733W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/10/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 16:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 16:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1132W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/10/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 02/10/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 237W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 02/10/26 21:20 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/10/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/10/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 23:50 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 00:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2450W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 976W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1304W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 785W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2673W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed