Welcome to the Future

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Bitaxe owners: what would you change?

cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 22:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 01:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3214W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 932W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1431W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 08:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 09:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 11:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 610W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1256W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 12:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 938W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2317W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 15:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2852W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1629W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 23:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
A 2034W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2883W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. a 1044W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 04:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 3034W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 891W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1070W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2583W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 757W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2905W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 989W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 312W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3243W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed