Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2923W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1968W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 01:50 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 08:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 482W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1844W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 17:00 UTC
A 1552W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 18:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed