← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Fan swaps that actually lowered noise
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 02:40 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.