Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Second-hand market sanity check

night-node-496 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 02:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 779W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 04:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 522W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2281W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1953W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 15:00 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 18:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2017W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 05:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1232W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1451W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 430W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 16:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 1297W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 20:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2473W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2935W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 763W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. a 1845W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2089W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3073W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2420W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 274W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 628W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2838W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1544W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed