欢迎来到未来

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

S19 owners: what would you change?

cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 03:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2729W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 06:40 UTC
A 1256W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2736W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 07:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 17:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2099W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 453W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1944W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed