← Forum ·
Altcoin Mining
ETC miners check in — how's stability?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 06:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
A 1870W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 858W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 797W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2086W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2995W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3178W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3072W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2356W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1677W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2157W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1510W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 02:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3114W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1006W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 949W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3287W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1054W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 17:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3238W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 21:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 22:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 535W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1230W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.