미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2009W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 03:50 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2721W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 09:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 15:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2540W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 649W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2782W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1182W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1311W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3318W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 754W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2736W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2122W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2709W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1992W nobody budgets for.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed