미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 04:30 UTC
A 394W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1350W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3128W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 794W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2593W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 18:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 19:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 20:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1131W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed