Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

night-node-496 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 05:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed