Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

swift-hashrate-415 · 03/10/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 06:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 120W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 665W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 11:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 12:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/10/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 483W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 12:40 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 14:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 03/10/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2454W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 03/10/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 17:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed