Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Pool support quality across the alts

delta-circuit-965 · 03/10/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/10/26 07:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 07:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 03/10/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 08:40 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 08:50 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 03/10/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 10:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/10/26 14:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2984W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 03/10/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/10/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 03/10/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/10/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/10/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 03/10/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 03/10/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 03/10/26 20:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 03/10/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 03/10/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/10/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 03/10/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3338W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1539W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 02:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 539W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. a 1503W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2603W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
A 2038W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 10:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 559W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my L7 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 167W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3163W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2511W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 19:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 04:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 547W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
A 3279W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2207W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 1379W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
A 821W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3203W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1667W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 696W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2160W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2789W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1256W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2452W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1481W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 219W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2700W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1374W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 742W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my S19 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed