Welcome to the Future

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/10/26 22:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 03/10/26 23:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/10/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1065W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 03:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 883W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1885W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 270W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1972W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 43W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2685W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2740W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2455W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 20:20 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed