Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

quiet-nonce-225 · 03/10/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/10/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 03/10/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 02:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1543W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 03:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2122W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1118W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 10:50 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2456W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 14:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3078W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 01:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 07:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 17:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2663W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3036W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 51W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. a 943W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3082W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2521W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my S19 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
A 2925W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
A 1512W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1884W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2947W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. a 1192W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 839W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1138W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 895W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2409W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 21:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 712W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 723W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1591W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1378W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 415W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
A 1426W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 429W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2481W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 21:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed