← Forum ·
Hashrate & Rig Rental
Test rentals — how small is too small?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2695W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 02:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 03:40 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 03:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 04:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1508W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 508W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. a 358W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 08:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 253W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2437W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 911W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 149W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2985W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 00:00 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2712W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1367W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 3266W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 891W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2454W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1922W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
A 484W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 717W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 519W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1629W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
A 2318W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my M60 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1942W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 177W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. a 1514W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3255W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3190W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 21:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2014W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 2041W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 07:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 710W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1224W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 17:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?