Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 715W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 03:40 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2689W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 12:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 16:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 23:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1396W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2780W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2628W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 07:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2663W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 07:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. a 520W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1219W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1845W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1551W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2843W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 16:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
A 2096W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1322W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2038W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2731W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1778W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
A 2530W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but my S19 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2716W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 950W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1520W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 570W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1039W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2608W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. a 1298W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 01:20 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed