← Forum ·
Bitcoin Mining
Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 04:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 04:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 979W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1380W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2663W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 845W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 17:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
A 2449W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 19:00 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 19:20 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 665W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1009W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2445W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 312W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 23:30 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?