← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
A 1960W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2402W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 12:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1575W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my KS3 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2928W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.