Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 466W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 12:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 814W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 13:30 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1625W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 16:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2752W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3023W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
A 1253W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3287W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 01:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 470W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1831W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1020W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 05:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 965W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 529W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 132W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2762W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3013W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2803W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. a 2172W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 1987W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
A 1994W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1133W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2052W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3007W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed