미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

atomic-block-563 · 04/10/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1111W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 06:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1436W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 07:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 04/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 04/10/26 08:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 09:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 04/10/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 599W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 04/10/26 10:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2989W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 11:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 04/10/26 12:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 13:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 04/10/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 04/10/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 14:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 04/10/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 04/10/26 15:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 04/10/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 17:10 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 04/10/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 04/10/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 04/10/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 18:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 04/10/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 19:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 04/10/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2140W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 04/10/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 04/10/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1500W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 163W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 00:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1178W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 130W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1232W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1205W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1944W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2164W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 14:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed