Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Second-hand market sanity check

atomic-miner-339 · 04/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 04/10/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 04/10/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 04/10/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 04/10/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 04/10/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 04/10/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
A 2848W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 02:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 357W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 665W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1062W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 642W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1235W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1128W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 173W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2551W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1947W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed