Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2025W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. my L7 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3292W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 07:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1604W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3028W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 607W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1116W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 2344W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 464W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1882W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 3109W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2562W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 14:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3280W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1567W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1496W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
A 955W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3122W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 757W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3377W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 08:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3206W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2160W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
A 2773W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 873W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2514W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my S19 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed