Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Undervolting results thread — share your curves

quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 01:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 01:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 02:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
A 1946W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 08:30 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
A 2828W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 815W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 52W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed